Accident in city leads to charges
An accident early Sunday morning has resulted in a city woman with charges.
A vehicle driven by Evan L. Skrzypek, 27, of Willow Road was traveling west on Second Street at 2:20 a.m. His vehicle was slowing to stop at the intersection of Second Street and Central Avenue when a vehicle operated by Ashley N. Bass, 22, of Main Street, pulled out of a parking spot, backing into Skrzypek’s vehicle.
Bass was charged with unsafe backing, driving while intoxicated, having a suspended registration and having no insurance.
Juan Cruz Corraliza, 30, of Lake Shore Drive West was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and having a suspended registration on Jan. 9.
Shaqua L. McCullum, 20, of Roosevelt Avenue was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and having no insurance on Jan. 9.
Kentrell J. Stewart, 28, of Washington Avenue was charged with having excessive window tint, no insurance and unlawful possession of marijuana on Jan. 9.
Patrick M. Organ, 21, of Deer Street was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana on Dec. 18.
Gabrielle R. Medley, 21, of Mullet Street was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana on Dec. 18.
Jaquan L. Anderson, 22, of South Zebra Street was charged with unlicensed operation and having no insurance on Jan. 10.
Santos I. Santiago, 37, of South Ermine Street was charged with second-degree harassment on Jan. 12.
Damaris Velez, 27, of West Courtney Street was charged with second-degree burglary and third-degree assault on Jan. 12.
Jennifer L. Cambria, 26, of Lake Shore Drive East was charged with second-degree burglary and third-degree assault on Jan. 12.
A 16-year-old male of East Seventh Street was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief on Jan. 13.
Kayode J. Jordan, 33, of Fredonia was charged with second-degree criminal contempt on Jan. 13.
Andres M. Rivera, 32, of East Courtney Street was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and having inadequate headlights on Jan. 13.
Daniel SanJuan, 17, of Columbus Avenue was charged with unlicensed operation, having no seat belt, having no insurance and failure to signal Jan. 14.
Alicia M. Christopher, 24, of Central Avenue was charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and having an inadequate muffler on Jan. 14.
Chautauqua County Court
MAYVILLE – District Attorney David W. Foley announced the following pleas and sentences in Chautauqua County Court:
- Michael R. Grimm, 33, of Jamestown, was sentenced to a determinate term of 4 years in state prison with 3 years post-release supervision for third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance.
- Carmelo Agosto-Arroyo, 22, of South Martin Street, Dunkirk, was sentenced to 3 1/2 years in state prison and 5 years post-release supervision for second-degree burglary.
- Nicholas J. Hart, 33, of West Lake Road, Ripley, was sentenced to 1 1/2 – 3 years in prison for third-degree attempted burglary concurrent with 6 months in jail and ignition interlock device for misdemeanor driving while intoxicated.
- Thomas Bascom, 24, of Jamestown, was sentenced to 1 1/2 to 3 years in state prison for first-degree attempted reckless endangerment and fourth-degree grand larceny.
- Justin A. Baez, 22, of West Pearl Street, Westfield, was sentenced to 1 year in jail for petit larceny.
- Robert Majak, 49, of Jamestown, was sentenced to 1 year in jail for criminal contempt 1st consecutive with 6 months in jail for second-degree criminal contempt.
- Benjamin J. Sebzda, 27, of Jamestown, was sentenced to 1 year in jail, license revocation and ignition interlock device for felony driving while intoxicated consecutive with 30 days in jail for third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation.
- Daniel L. Schroder Jr., 33, of Jamestown, was sentenced to time served and 5 years probation for third-degree burglary.