Buffalo man arrested twice in same week

On Friday, a Buffalo man was charged following an investigation by the Southern Tier Regional Task Force into narcotic sales in Dunkirk. Five days earlier, on Feb. 17, he had been detained by the State Police in Fredonia.

According to the Southern Tier Regional Drug Task Force, Rodney Clyburn, 32, whose address was given as 183 Jewett Ave. in Buffalo, was arrested on a warrant following a secret grand jury session. He was charged with multiple counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, and third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance.

It is alleged Clyburn has sold quantities of crack cocaine to agents of the Task Force on numerous occasions in the city of Dunkirk over a three-month period.

Following Clyburn’s arrest, he was taken to the City of Dunkirk Jail and then transported to the Chautauqua County Jail. According to a spokesperson from the Chautauqua County Jail, he is being held on $30,000 bail.

The investigation is continuing and more arrests are expected.

On Feb. 17, according to a report from the New York State Police in Fredonia, Clyburn was detained by the troopers after an incident in a residence on Woodcrest Avenue in Portland. Informed that there was an unwanted guest, troopers reported finding Clyborn in the bedroom of the residence.

At that time, Clyburn was wanted by the Dunkirk Police Department for second-degree harassment and criminal mischief. Troopers turned him over to Dunkirk police.

The complainant contacted troopers again to advise them that he found contraband in the area that Clyburn was staying. State police confiscated contraband and additionally charged Clyburn with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, second-degree criminal use of drug paraphernalia, unlawful possession of marijuana and controlled substance not in original container.

On Feb. 17, Clyburn was arraigned in the Town of Portland Court and remanded to the Chautauqua County Jail. His bail was set at $2,500 cash or $5,000 property. The spokesperson at the jail said he made was released on bail for the first series of charges shortly after his arrest.