City man charged with larcenies
- FORESTVILLE – After a lengthy investigation by the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office into numerous car larcenies and an April 3 burglary, warrants have been issued for Alex E. Sam, 25, of Dunkirk.
It is alleged Sam entered the vehicles and a garage in the Forestville area. He was charged with third-degree burglary, fourth-degree grand larceny and two counts of petit larceny.
Sam is being held in the Chautauqua County Jail on unrelated charges and warrants were issued as detainers. He will appear in the Hanover Town Court at a later date.
Chautauqua County Court
MAYVILLE – District Attorney David W. Foley announced the following pleas and sentences in Chautauqua County Court:
- David M. Austin Jr., 27, of Webster Road, Brocton, was sentenced to 3 1/2 years determinate in state prison with 5 years post-release supervision for second-degree burglary.
- Brian S. Montanez, 24, of King Street, Dunkirk, was sentenced to 2 years determinate in state prison with 2 years post-release supervision for fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
- Mickey A. Darling, 37, of Jamestown, was sentenced to 2 years determinate in state prison and 2 years post-release supervision for two counts of third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance.
- Matthew L. Gifford, 46, of Keller Road, Ashville, was sentenced to 2-4 years in state prison and restitution for fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property.
- Kenneth G. Moore, 36, of Gerry, was sentenced to 6 months of weekend work release program and 5 years probation for third-degree criminal possession of marijuana.