Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office
- RIPLEY – On Satur-day evening, Markus J. Meredith and Daniel Dulong, both 19 and both from Ripley, were charged with unlawful possession of marijuana. Meredith was also cited for no seatbelt.
Deputies reportedly saw Meredith operating a vehicle without wearing a seatbelt. A small quantity of marijuana was reportedly found inside the vehicle.
Both are scheduled to appear in the Town of Ripley Court at a later date.
- RIPLEY – On Sunday at about 2:30 a.m., Ashley Belson, 29, of Ripley was charged with driving while intoxicated, DWI per se, and inadequate tail lights.
Deputies reported observing a vehicle operating with inadequate lights and stopped it. Upon further investigation, the officers reported Belson was intoxicated. She was released to a third party and will appear in the Town of Ripley Court at a later date.
State Police at Collins
BRANT – On July 14, troopers charged Barry Martin, 27, of Walden Avenue in Buffalo with third-degree assault following a disturbance on State Route 438 extension.
Troopers were advised of a female assault victim by the Seneca Nation of Indians Marshals. They responded to a home and spoke with the reported victim. She said she was sleeping outside in a camper when Martin came in and punched her several times in the face. Martin fled on foot before the troopers arrived. The victim was treated at Lake Shore Hospital for her injuries.
Troopers located Martin a short time later back at the camper and took him into custody. He was processed at state police barracks in Collins and arraigned in the Town of Brant Court.
- COLLINS CENTER – On July 15, troopers charged Joseph Kruszka of Main Street in Collins Center with fourth-degree criminal mischief and second-degree harassment, following a disturbance call.
Kruszka reportedly threw a rock through a neighbor’s front window and then began to argue and push the female neighbor around after she let him in.
Kruszka was processed at state police barracks in Collins and is due in the Town of Collins Court later this month.
- BRANT – On Wednes-day, troopers charged Justin Jamieson, 29, of State Route 438 in Irving with unlawful possession of marijuana.
His car was stopped on Milestrip Road for a broken front windshield. While speaking to him, troopers reported smelling marijuana coming from inside the car.
Reportedly, he was in possession of 5.5 grams of marijuana in a plastic bag and had a glass pipe with marijuana in it.
He is due to appear in the Town of Brant Court next month.
- COLLINS – On Friday, troopers charged Alex Sullivan, 31, of Aristo Terrace in Yorkshire with felony driving while intoxicated, following a traffic stop on Route 39.
Sullivan was traveling east when troopers reportedly observed his vehicle cross the center line. While speaking to him, officers reportedly smelled a strong odor of alcohol. Sullivan reportedly failed a series of field sobriety tests. He was processed at state police barracks in Collins. His blood alcohol level was reported to be .12 percent.
A computer check found he had been convicted of DWI in 2009, so he was charged with a felony.
He was arraigned in the Town of Collins Court and is due to return next month to face the charge.
- BRANT – On Friday, troopers charged Bryce Plecker, 17, of Angell Road in Silver Creek with unlawful possession of marijuana following a suspicious vehicle complaint.
The Seneca Nation of Indians Marshals spotted the car he was driving parked in Snows Marina well after midnight and checked on it. The marshals reportedly observed Plecker smoking marijuana and called the troopers.
Troopers report Plecker was in possession of 10 grams of marijuana, a glass pipe with marijuana in it and other drug-related items. He is due to appear in the Town of Brant Court next month.