Dryer fire

The Dunkirk Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in the laundry room at the STEL Apartments located at 717 Central Ave. at 5:59 p.m. on Tuesday. Responding crews found heavy smoke conditions in the hallway and a fully involved dryer fire in the laundry room. Crews used an 1 3/4 inch line to extinguish the fire, along with the sprinkler system in the building. Smoke ejectors were used to ventilate the building. The dryer and contents were destroyed, and there was some water and smoke damage to the building. There were no injuries to occupants or firefighters. Crews were back in service at 7 p.m.